I know this may be a touchy subject for some but I would like some thoughts on what people think about this age group being approved I have a child in this age group and I’m not sure if I should or shouldn’t book her in.

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
  • All my kids are double vaxxed and my eldest 2 are going for a booster today.

  • I wouldn’t be rushing into it. Kids are least affected with symptoms and the way the numbers have been, vaccination doesn’t seem to give all that much protection. Now they’re rolling back the mandates (eg they’re now letting unvaxxed do what they were previously unable to do) it doesn’t seem to be so urgent

  • Both my kids have had their first dose of the vaccine with no issues. They also had no issues with their other childhood vaccinations. I think if people are concerned they should speak to their GP to help gather up all the facts so they can make their decision.

  • It is a hard no for me. Yes many people have received 1 or more doses of these vaccines with or without government coercing them to. Whilst so many people have received these vaccines without issue, many are having adverse reactions – especially in young men that are fit and healthy.
    Before making any health related decisions in life, it is always a good idea to consider the pros and cons to make the most informed decision for your individual needs.

    There is no long term data on the safety or effectiveness of these vaccines.
    As time passes in this pandemic, things to take note of are that *children are not as affected as other age groups
    *this vaccination does not prevent transmission
    *it may reduce severity of covid, but it also may not
    *people with and without the vaccine are still becoming quite sick, or dying with covid
    We are all taught not to fall into peer pressure, yet the government has been using this method of get jabbed or no job which makes zero sense when transmission amongst vaccinated people is so high.

  • Kids are not ending up in hospital with Covid so why give them a vaccine which could have side effects. I’m not taking that chance with my kids, who knows what long term reactions there could be

  • I was hesitant to but what assured me is knowing that it’s been tested and they wouldn’t use our kids as Guinea pigs. My 9 year old had hers and is totally fine.

  • I also struggled with the decision. I ultimately decided to vax, but it is still not sitting comfortably with me. The argument (I used with myself) was that at this age I don’t know if they have an underlying medical condition which could affect them when they contract covid. A friends unvaxed little boy had a very severe reaction to covid, but has pre-existing medical issues. I wonder if he was vaxed if it would have saved him from the ICU.
    I guess it’s a personal decision when you weigh up the pros and cons for yourself.

  • I was a bit confused when it come out. I didn’t know what to do. I sat down and researched what I could. I made the choice right for us. We are a family of asthmatics, myself and 4 out of my 5 kids. My teen decided himself to get the vaccine. I asked my 10 year old what she wanted to do. She said ahe wanted the needle. My 5 and 6 yr old will also be getting there’s. My 3 year old os not old enough but he always ends up in hospital cause everything hits his chest. You have to do what is right for you.

  • Don’t feel guilty either way. You make the decision based on what works for you and what makes you comfortable. I’m glad my two are too young and i dont have to make the decision. Kids arent getting really sick from this and i dont feel risks are worth it for me personally.

  • I am doing lots of research as well…I want my daughter to be safe. Luckily she isn’t old enough to be vaccinated for COVID yet, so I’ve got time. Lots of mums that I talk to are doing research and are being very cautious.

  • My son is 5 and we haven’t gotten him vaccinated yet. I want what’s best for him but it makes me nervous.

  • I would be in a similar boat to you. I’m almost glad my child is too young to be vaccinated yet so I have some time to look at research as it emerges

  • I have recently asked the same thing as im also concerned, my daughter is coming up 11 the best thing is to do what’s best for you, I’ve decided to go ahead and get my daughter vaccinated I just weighed in all the factors and decided that we have to do everything we can and hope it’s enough so my baby/toddler doesn’t catch it.

  • Our daughter is 5 and we are still undecided. When I got it I was hesitant but took the thought of we are not going to have much choice so just get it done. I also thought, well if in 20 years times some side effects get discovered I will be old, so will just have to deal with it. For our daughter though I feel different with her being so young and really am torn and wish I had a crystal ball. If she was to get sick I would be kicking myself for not doing it but if long term side effects start turning up I will be mad for doing it. Such a tough decision to make for us personally.

  • Talk to your doctor also. It is hard but I’m leaning more in the I don’t want to regret anything.

Post your reply
Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating