Hello!

13 Answers

When my 2 year old son woke from his nap, he came out to us, carrying his heavly wet nappy, that he had bitten into and was picking out the jessy crystals and eating them!
We immediately took it off his, cleaned him up, checked his mouth. Checked his bed, found some on there.
All up around 1/3 of the crystals were missing. Called nurse on call who directed up to the poisoning hotline
Was told that we need to keep a eye on him for 72 hours as it could cause a bowel blockage
Part that makes it more difficult is he doesn’t talk and is autistic
What would you mummas suggest, get him checked by a GP or wait it out?
He seems fine in himself, playful and had some dinner


Posted anonymously, 5th June 2021


Want more real mum questions sent to you?


You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • If you are unsure head to the hospital. Mummas instincts are always right. and you can’t be overly cautious.


  • I would call 13 Health and poisons hotline and probably take him to the dr pr emergency department depending on what the RN on 13 Health said.


  • I hope you went to see your GP – I believe that stuff is poisonous.


  • Straight to the hospital. Mumma instincts always means getting more than one advice in my opinion.


  • I hope he was ok! I would have taken him straight to GP but I guess they would have rung the same hotline. I know this is old now, just hope he was fine.


  • I know this is old now but I hope everything turned out ok? I personally would have taken him to a gp or hospital also just in case.


  • Oh my gosh, I think I would have gone to the hospital just in case?!
    I hope he is okay. Judging from the last bit saying he’s playful and had some dinner, he might be okay.
    Hoping that the nappy company took something like this happening into consideration so made the crystals non toxic.


  • Hopefully your son is okay. Keeping an eye on him as he had a meal then should had been okay. The problem would had been if he would or could not eat. that stuff is bad for the body.


  • I hope your bubba is ok! I would have taken him straight to hospital personally as that jelly stuff just keeps swelling


  • Personally I would have it checked by Gp directly, but my experience is that at the Gp they do the same; they will phone the poisoning hotline too


  • I personally would take to the GP for your own reassurance since he can’t communicate with you enough to gauge the full situation.


  • Oh my goodness! He seems ok so just watch him and go with your gut, you know how he is normally.


  • I would go to gp


Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join