4 Answers

white liquid!

Posted by Nid, 25th November 2016

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I would definitely see a Dr to confirm what is going on and they will prescrube what’s appropriate. You don’t want to risk it with baby’s eyesight.

  • If an infection is causing the eye discharge, a doctor may prescribe topical, oral, or intravenous antibiotics. Applying a warm cloth to the infected eye can help soothe irritation and reduce swelling.
    Wipe goop and crusties from your baby’s/toddler’s eyes using clean, wet cloths, gauze or cotton balls, especially in the mornings and after naps.
    Apply compresses (warm if it’s bacterial/viral; cool if it’s allergies or other irritants) to reduce the swelling.

  • Yes I agree with the first comment asking a doctor would be advisable just to know what it is and then see what remedies could work

  • It depends on what is causing the eye infection. Some will need medical attention. I would take baby to doctor to confirm what it is before deciding what course of treatment to take

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating