15 Answers

what can I do if my child gets bullied everyday including threats like, “I’ll kill you in front of your family” and “I’ll kill you in your sleep” from a fellow 11-12yr old and the school does nothing to stop it happening. afraid for my child’s safety and wellbeing both physically and mentally.

Posted anonymously, 11th November 2019

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I would keep contacting the school until you get an answer. Sometimes teachers try to ignore things like this saying it’s in their heads? Go to the principal and discuss it with them. my daughter has been bullied at school constantly teased so I know how you feel.

  • I’d speak with the teachers & parents but also your child

  • if the school isn’t doing anything about it i would be taking it further. either speak to the education department or the police. its not ok.
    if nothing else works i would look at moving schools, you shouldnt have to but its worth it if the bullying is that bad.

  • I’m sorry to hear that as it happened a lot when I was growing up and it is emotionally draining for the child and family . Maybe ask your child which teacher(s) do they feel are supportive and get a along well with them and tell one teacher what is happening . Normally there is a built up becuase it was not stopped from the beginning and is able to get away with it . Hope you and your child get support quickly .

  • I forgot to add, don’t approach the other child yourself or you will find yourself in trouble. As a last resort, if things don’t improve, you may have to move your child to another school and give him help and strategies to cope with the transition. It’s also important to teach your child to stand up for himself.

  • Ask the principal to schedule a meeting between yourself and your child, and the other child and his parent/s. Speak openly at the meeting about what’s going on and ask what is going to be done about it. Let everyone at the meeting know that if this matter is not resolved you will go to the police. You have to take a strong stand and follow through.

  • That’s more that bullying. I’d go to the school and then then police for threats like that

  • I’m a first time mum and my son is 7yrs old.
    I’ve told my husband that if my son ever experiences bullying like this, I’d bypass the school and go straight to the police .

  • Bullying is the worst! And so hard to pin point why it happens. Too smart, too sporty, too pretty, wear glasses, mum died, they have Vegemite sandwiches for goodness sake. Kids can be so cruel

  • Bullying is so insidious. Obviously something is going on in the bully’s family to make him like this. Persist with the school and if they don’t take action go to the Department of Education with your concerns. No child should have to put up with this. See if the school has a school counsellor you can also speak to regarding your concerns. Above all reassure your son that you will do everything to stop it happening.

  • My heart goes out to you, your child and your family. This is a situation that the school should be addressing and taking seriously. If you feel they are no help approach the education department. You could change schools and maybe look into alternative schooling so that your child doesn’t fall behind. Reach out to the school community and maybe try and organise a discussion with the school, bully and parents of the bully to make them aware of the situation if they’re not already aware. If the school has a counselor approach them for advice and help. If none of that works I would then involve the police and ask them for advice. Good luck lovely x

  • Talk to principal of the school and if nothing will be done go to Police.

  • You may need to change schools if they aren’t helping properly. You can also go to the governing authority such as Catholic Education Office or DECS and report the school and the situation. Get someone higher up involved.

  • That is awful ! I would contact the police as well. And I would look how I could file a complaint towards the school for not taking this seriously. You could even seek the advice of the Department of Education.

  • What a horrific situation for your child and yourself. I would keep lobbing at the school to speak to the principal and other teaches until something was done. Maybe even contact the local policeman for a chat, just to find out your rights. Your child shouldn’t have to keep suffering this kind of abuse

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating