4 Answers

I’ve been working for a small company for a little while now. I had to get my own ABN before working with the business. I have to work 4 hours to earn my petrol money because of distance travelling. I feel like I’m being stuffed around, so I’ve decided since I have my own ABN and working with children card, I need to know what insurance/work cover I’m supposed to look at for a cleaning business. It’s houses and ironing, can someone advise me to the right direction please?
Thank you

Posted anonymously, 2nd November 2016

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I would try Google first. And then contact Fair Work, they have all the rules and regulations regarding work

  • There may even be online small business support groups with information?

  • Maybe it is a good idea to get in contact with a small business organisation. People do run these services that help people with information on small businesses. May be helpful?

  • Thats a hard one. Running a small business effectively with all the accounts, insurance etc. to sort out. (You need public liability insurance for all sorts of things in case you cause a problem for someone, but maybe there is more as well). Is there a book in the library about starting up such a venture? There could be a lot more to it than just insurance. Good luck with taking such a positive step. Let us know how you do it!

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating