9 Answers

I’ve just got over having cancer, I have had my radiotherapy, and I like to know is it all right to have sex? The oncology nurses, said that I must see the health professionals. My treatment at the hospital is all over, but still see the oncologist every six weeks. Does anyone know?

Posted by mom57328, 6th October 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • Sounds like one you should be asking a health professional. It also kinda depends on what kind of cancer you had

  • There should also be support groups that can provide information.

  • The best people to discuss this with would be health professionals.

  • go easy, depends where the cancer was?

  • Best to speak to the medical professionals. They know your specific situation

  • I would be checking with the medical professionals first, but I would say if you’re feeling ok and feeling ‘sexy’ then why not?!

  • def’ seek professional advice. so annoying that your question wasn’t answered but if it is internal pelvic recovery etc, def’ seek advice. maybe you could ring the cancer hotline to gain some helpful advice.

  • Can you google what others have done? Can you ask a GP?

  • You would have to check with your oncologist. I’m sure if you ring. They will be able to call you back and let you know

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating