13 Answers

I thought it was another name for icing sugar but now I’m confused, could someone please help me out?

Posted by tessie, 13th July 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • Powdered sugar is an alternative name for Icing Sugar.

  • It’s another name for icing sugar. But any other sugar you can powder. I powder sometimes coconut palm sugar by mortar & pestle or by blender.

  • Good question now l also know the answer!

  • Powdered sugar is another name for icing sugar.

  • Thanks for posting this – I’ve wondered about this question too

  • Depoending on the country of origin it is probably castor sugar if included in the actual mixture and not as a topping. Castor Sugar is fine but not quite as powdery as Icing Sugar.

  • Thank you to everyone for your answers. You have certainly been a big help

  • I saw in the comments Powdered sugar is also called confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar that is good to know.

  • i thought that it was icing sugar lol

  • I depends what it is being used for. Is it IN cake, biscuits or something similar? If that is the case it could be castor sugar. If it is used in a type of topping It would be Icing Sugar/Icing Mixture.

  • Definitely icing sugar. It is called by different names in different countries.
    Can be confusing when reading online recipes.

  • Thank you Kasey for that .

  • Powdered sugar is also called confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating