110 Answers

Hi MoMs, hoping some other mums can help. My daughter has a couple of warts on the bottom of her foot that are ‘sore’ she says. They are quite flat which makes me think they might be the ingrown type. Is there something from the chemist I can use, an old wives tale that works or should I just go straight for the doc? What is the best treatment for warts? Thanks for helping

Posted by Eloise 16.09.2012

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
Ask your question
  • I’ve bought many over the counter products at the chemist but some warts are very persistent and just return after treatment. My daughter had them under the nails of her toes which were sore too. We went to the Gp to get them freezed and had to return several times for this.

  • Chemist is good! There really interesting comments on this!

  • At the chemist a wart remover can be purchased. Does work, freezes them off.

  • The best tried and true method is they have to spit on them with their own saliva every morning before eating or drinking. It is the acid in the saliva which kills the virus and wart.

  • wartner works a treat

  • How did you go ? Hope you found something that worked.

  • There is some sort of clear liquid you can get that eventually makes the warts drop off.

  • When we were little my dad had a great idea and worked every time. We had a bowl of methylated spirits and soaked the wart in there for 5-10 minutes and then covered it up (air tight) for a week. Opened it up after that and picked at it with a tooth pick and resoaked it for 5-10 minutes in methylated spirits and again covered it up (air tight) for anther week and when we opened it up and picked at it again it was gone and it worked for us every time.

  • That would hurt. The chemist have some cream that can help with warts.

  • The chemist will be able to help you

  • Did u ask at the chemist?

  • Yes the chemist have a few options. It will get rid of them cometely

  • I’d go to the doctor, best to get it cleared up quickly.

  • perhaps get a naturopaths opinion.

  • I would go to the doctor, especially if they’re hurting her.

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating