21 Answers

Does anyone know where in Sydney I can donate teddy bears? I have received so many teddy bears as gifts, I have over 10 bears which are brand new.

Posted by fatty82, 14th August 2014

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.


Ask your question
  • I just tried to drop a bunch of new teddys into lifeline at Balgowah and they refuse all soft toys…….

  • Just tried to drop my brand new teddys to lifeline Balgowah anD they don’t take them!?..

  • I do them to the opp shop (of course after washing when used) or in the bags for steward house collection and the like.

  • Call around local hospitals, or Ronald McDonald houses. If all else fails, there’s always vinnies or salvos

  • I would try your local hospital or someone like the Salvos or Vinnies. Or save them til Xmas and put them under someone’s wishing tree eg KMart

  • Your local op shop would love them!

  • I’m in the same boat.. I have just used a big clean bin to store some away in the garage, I didn’t think of donating til now. Thanx.

  • Hospitals is a good place to start. Alternatively if they are a bit old or raggedy try animal shelters for a soft toy for the dogs.

  • Pity you weren’t in Perth my Mum gets teddy bears and dresses them up for charities.

  • pleased to see you found a home for them

  • Give and Take a charity will take them!!

    AUGUST 14, 2014 AT 8:46 PM,
    MoM Rewards: fatty82 has a topaz MoM rewards level FATTY82 SAID:
    I have contacted children’s hospital and they can’t accept toys which are not sealed in packaging due to germs/illnesses of the children. I spoke to my local fernwood which has a child minding service and they have accepted the toys

  • I would be seeing if the hospital would like them/some of for the children in hospital or a charity that will give them to children or even your GP as they may use some in their play area. If their are anything that is a bit poorly look on line and see if their is someone the gives them a new lease on line and than gives them to charities or save them and donate them to the bikie childrens charity run.

  • There’s a charity called “Give and Take” that collects for people in need. They are located in Hills District but may travel to collect.

  • See if your maternal child health service can donate them to a local women’s shelter. Often women have to take their children and don’t have time to pack up bears etc to protect them from domestic abuse. I’m sure they would love to receive a bear!

Post you answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating