Hello!

16 Comments

A toddler has ben treated for second-degree burns after she was badly burned by a slice of piping hot pizza.

Koddi and Wade Dunn of Georgia, in the US, were driving home from a visit to grandma’s when they decided to stop for pizza.

The family placed a drive-through order for a Hot-N-Ready pepperoni pizza, which is cooked at a temperature of 550 degrees, according to a 2013 post on the company’s Facebook page.

When they received their food mum passed the box to her sons in the back seat, warning them to be careful, reports Yahoo news.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Oates Complete Window Washer product image for the MoM Rate It Listings
Oates Complete Window Washer

Submitting your rating…

However, when one of the boys lifted a slice, a glob of piping-hot sauce and cheese fell on his two year old sister, Jordyn, who was sitting next to him in her car seat.

“Suddenly, this piercing scream came from my baby girl,” Ms Dunn, 40, said.

She dove into the back seat while her husband pulled over to the side of the road.

Seeing the skin on Jordyn’s hand blistering from the heat, they immediately drove to Gwinnett Medical Centre, where she was treated for second-degree burns.

pizza burn

Ms Dunn called the restaurant and said she was told that after Hot-N-Ready pizzas are removed from the oven, they’re placed in 160-degree warmers.

“But the employee said they were ‘really backed up’ that night, so customers were handed pizza straight from the oven,” she said.

Ms Dunn says a simple warning from the employee could have prevented her daughter’s injuries.

Ms Dunn says that a manager left her a voicemail on Monday night.

“There was no apology or compassion for what happened to my daughter — my family is traumatised,” she says.

Koddi’s warning on Facebook has been shared nearly 6000 times.

 

Share your comments below

  • It is hard to imagine it happen from s piece of pizza! I hope the young girl has a full recovery.

    Reply

  • Poor little girl. The parents knew the pizza was hot, which is y they told their boys to be careful, but they really should have held onto it in the front seat instead of passing it into the back seat

    Reply

  • I really think too many parents are simply passing the buck when it comes to kids accidents. Melted cheese is very hot. With my kids, I always checked the food myself before passing it to them to eat, to make sure it’s not too hot

    Reply

  • Poor little girl. I hope she makes a full recovery.

    Reply

  • Ouch! poor little things, hope she’s on the mend soon.

    Reply

  • Whoa, that’s really hot and fresh then!! Poor bubba.

    Reply

  • I hope the little girl recovers and this is a good warning for parents to be vigilant around hot food.

    Reply

  • It was an accident but could probably have been avoided if an adult had tested how hot the pizza was before giving it to the child.

    Reply

  • I hope this gorgeous little girl recovers quickly and is not traumatised. This was an accident and perhaps a number of things could have been done to avoid it. I appreciate the family is upset, but when all is calm, perhaps they can see it was an accident that perhaps could have been avoided on many levels.

    Reply

  • Aw bless you poor little bubba, hope you recover well and soon !!
    These things can happen to all of us, even at home.

    Reply

  • Poor little bubba, speedy recovery

    Reply

  • Not foreseeable, but what a terrible think to have happened to that poor little girl.

    Reply

  • OMG you poor little girl and your beautiful brother this is a Big Accident yet reading this story makes people think now before serving food. Take Care xxx

    Reply

  • Oh my! That’s quite a terrible burn!!

    Reply

  • That’s certainly not an accident most people would foresee.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join