A quick sew which makes a great baby shower gift, especially when combined with matching bibs.
- 2 types of Flannelette Fabric
- Existing burp cloth
- Trace around you existing burp cloth onto the 2 fabrics so they mirror each other, leaving a 3/8 inch extra seam allowance.
- Place your fabric pieces right sides together and pin.
- Stitch together using a 3/8 inch seam allowance and leave a 2 inch gap for turning.
- Trim edges and clip corners. Snip any curved edges.
- Turn right way out and iron. Fold the edges of the turning hole in and press.
- Top stitch around the outside using a complimentary thread and beginning with the turning hole to close it.
If you don’t have a burp bib handy to trace you can find plenty of free patters online. Or you can just cut rectangles - 30cm wide and 50cm high gives me a size I’m happy with but do what works for you.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: