- Serves 2
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
- This makes a great base that you can use for so many other things such as cheese and bacon scrolls and garlic bread.
– If the dough seems a little wet when you mix it, just add a sprinkling more flour. The more you knead it the better it comes together.
– This dough is great when you want to make pizza in a hurry. If your family prefer a more traditional base though, this simple pizza recipe makes a smooth yet soft dough that can be made ahead of time. You could even freeze it in cling-wrapped balls to be used when it’s needed.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup (200g) Greek or natural yogurt
- extra flour for dusting the board
- ⅛ cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- ¼ cup pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 180C˚ or 160˚ fan-forced.
- Combine 1 ½ cup of self rising flour and 1 cup of Greek Yogurt in a bowl until a dough starts to form.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and press into approximately a 13×18-inch rectangle.
- Top with ham and cheese slices. Starting on the longer side of the rectangle, roll up the edge tightly. When you reach the end, pinch the seam together and flip the roll so that the seam is face down.
- Cut roll into 6 - 8 slices, approximately 1-inch wide.
- Brush tops with melted butter, then season lightly with garlic salt and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Place in oven and bake 15 - 20 minutes. Rolls are done when crust is lightly browned and cheese and sauce are bubbly.