- Serves 9
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
Sydney mum of two and blogger, Nicole from The Simple Housewife has come up with an absolutely genius hack that will make any baker, whether beginner or skilled, jump right into the kitchen to recreate her masterpiece! Nicole has ditched the conventional oven and used her trusty air fryer to create these mouthwatering cinnamon scrolls.
While the instructions say to bake in the oven, Nicole has decided to experiment in the kitchen using an airfryer to create these simple cinnamon scrolls.
With 30 minutes prep time, 2 hours rest time and 15-20 minutes cook time in the air fryer, these tasty treats can be prepared for every occasion.
If you’re looking for a sweet treat to take to a dinner party/celebration, or to simply enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea, these air fryer cinnamon scrolls are the perfect choice to bake.
Ingredients (serves 9)
- 1 pack White Wings Crafted By You Bakery Cinnamon Scrolls
- 1 egg
- 80g (4 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- 100ml (5 tbsp) lukewarm milk
- MIX Line a 20cm square cake tin or a cookie bowl pan and lightly grease a medium bowl. Note: If you do not have an air fryer big enough to fit a cake tin, simply grease the basket of your air fryer and use this instead.
- Place the 100ml warm milk and yeast in a small bowl, stir slightly to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, egg and yeast mixture.
- Add in scroll mix to the liquid mixture, mix until combined. Knead for 8 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky, glossy and elastic. If the dough feels a little dry (very tight to knead), wet your hands in between the kneading process
- Place dough in the lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp tea towel/cling wrap loosely and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour until doubled in size or refrigerate overnight if making a day ahead.
- To make the cinnamon butter, place the softened butter and cinnamon sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE Roll the proofed dough out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to make a 40cm x 25cm rectangle. Spread with the cinnamon butter, leaving a 1cm border. Starting with the longest side, roll tightly to enclose the filling. Cut into 9 even pieces and place the pieces side-by-side with the scroll-side up (leaving room for spreading in the lined 20cm square tin or air fryer basket). Cover with a damp tea towel/cling wrap loosely and set aside in a warm place for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- BAKE Preheat the air fryer to 180C, bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Note: Cook time may vary depending on airfryer brand and size.
- GLAZE To prepare the glaze, mix glaze mix with cold milk. Brush on cinnamon scrolls while they are still warm. Drizzle remaining glaze with a spoon. Best enjoyed warm, but still amazing the next day!