This Almond and Banana Loaf is the perfect combination; a rich thick banana bread base with the added crunch and goodness of Australian Almonds.
Ingredients (makes 1 Large Loaf)
- 2 cups Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Honey or Rice Malt Syrup
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a medium size loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Mash two bananas in a large bowl. Cut the third banana in half-length ways and save one half to top the loaf with. Mash the other half banana in the same bowl. Add vanilla extract, honey, milk, extra virgin olive oil and eggs to the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and gently mix to just combine. Fold in half of the chopped almonds. (Note: be careful not to overmix).
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin, top with the remaining half banana and remaining chopped almonds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
This recipe was developed by Anna and Alex from The Biting Truth and proudly brought to you by Australian Almonds. Check out Healthy Snickers Bars and Healthy Almond Granola; two more deliciously healthy and nutritious Australian Almond recipes.