- Serves 16
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A super moist diary and wheat free quick and easy recipe.
15 mins actual prep time, with 50 mins for cooking time.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 180g Almond meal
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 200g Olive oil
- 2/3 cup Dessicated coconut
- Pinch Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- To serve Almond flakes
- To serve Icing sugar
- 1 cup Frozen raspberries
- Preheat the over to 180° Celsius and line a springform baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs and vanilla essence with the olive oil in a bowl using an electric beater.
- Add the almond meal, caster sugar, dessicated coconut, salt, and mix until combined
- Stir in the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Sprinkle the cake with flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 50 mins until browned. A skewer inserted into the centre will come out moist still so go off how firm the cake looks in the centre.
- Cool the cake on a baking rack. Once cooled, sprinkle icing sugar over the cake and sprinkle with some more almond flakes. Serve!
I used olive oil but I'm sure you could use coconut or butter (if you don't need it to be dairy free). You can quickly and easily make your own almond meal by putting almonds in a blender or food processor for a few mins.