- Serves 6
- Makes 1
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This ridiculously yummy Apple Crumble Recipe is the perfect winter dessert… AND, it’s quick to make!
We’re thinking that this Apple Crumble Recipe is not only a wonderfully warming Winter dessert … it’s pretty much perfect all year round. Serve it up cold in Summer with lashings of ice cream and lovely cold cream. Dial up with warming deliciousness in Winter with hot custard or a warm sweet butterscotch or caramel sauce.
What apples are best for this Apple Crumble Recipe?
Traditionally Apple Crumble Recipes always called for Granny Smith Apples. They’re crisy, juicy but they are quite tart. Usually the recipe would then call for sugar to be added to the apples when cooking. We always avoid added processed sugar wherever possible so love using red apples like Pink Lady Apples in our Apple Crumble Recipes.
What do we love about this Apple Crumble Recipe?
What’s not to love about this recipe from one of our regular recipe contributors Leonie?
Is this the best Apple Crumble Recipe you’ve tried?
Once you’ve tried this awesome Apple Crumble Recipe from MoM Member ‘Lucky Mum’, we’d love to hear your thoughts. Did it live up to your expectations? How did it compare to other recipes you’ve tried?
If you really enjoyed this recipe, hit the L❤VE button just under the recipe image. The more L❤VES, the more others will know it’s a recipe worth trying.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 1 Medium Apple Crumble)
- 6 large Red apples ( green apples can be used , just add a little extra sugar if desired)
- 1/2 cup Sugar (optional)
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Peel and core apples. Cut into wedges and place in saucepan. Add water to just under top layer of apples. Sprinkle with the sugar (optional), cover and stew over medium heat.
- To make crumble topping, place all ingredients in a bowl and rub together with clean hands until mixed well. You can leave the mixture a little 'lumpy' as this will add texture to the crumble topping.
- Once the apples are soft, strain to remove most of the water and spoon into a greased oven dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the top of the apples. Remember to leave lumps and bumps as these will toast and crisp up nicely when baked.
- Bake in a 180 deg. Oven 30-40 mins or until golden.
- Serve warm with cream, ice cream or custard (or even a caramel or butterscotch sauce)!
The amount of sugar added to the apples is really personal taste (and usually unnecessary). If you are using sweet apples (red apples) you can cut back on the sugar a bit. This is also yummy cold the next day if you have leftovers!