These Apple rose tarts are relatively easy to make and look so pretty when cooked.
Ingredients (makes 10 Tarts)
- 2 Sheets Puff pastry, thawed
- 3 large Sweet eating apples ie Pink lady
- Juice from half a lemon
- 4 TBS Apricot jam
- Ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- Spray oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees, and lightly spray a muffin tin with spray oil
- Peel the apples, and then cut them in half from top to bottom. Remove the core and then finely cut into thin slices.
- Add apple slices to a sauce pan, sprinkle with the sugar, add lemon juice and then cover them with water. Heat until boiling and then simmer until apples are just soft but don't cook them!
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into 5 strips, and brush each strip with the jam and then sprinkle with cinnamon
- Place the apple slices (curved side up) along each strip of pastry, slightly overlapping them. You will need about 8 apple pieces per strip of pastry
- Fold the bottom section of pastry up to cover just the bottom of the apple slices, then carefully roll each strip up to make the tarts.
- Place each one into the pre prepared muffin tin, and bake in the oven for between 20 - 30 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown and the apples are cooked - but be careful as the edges burn easily so monitor them closely at the end!
- When cooked, allow them to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then carefully remove and place onto a wire rack
- Dust with icing sugar and they are ready to serve!
Can be eaten warm or cold, but when served still warm with vanilla ice cream or vanilla cream, it takes them to the next level!