- Serves 10
- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Marshmallow Oreo tarts are easy to prepare and great to take to parties. A very sweet treat for a special occasion.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 10 Medium Tarts)
- 1 Packet Of Oreos
- 50gm Melted Butter
- 1 Can of Condensed Milk
- 5 Large Marshmallows
- 4 Egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. In a mixing bowl stir in butter. Press the biscuit mixture into cupcake patties until firm. Just under 1/2cm thick unless you prefer less topping and more base.
- Preferably with an electric mixer beat egg yolks in a bowl for 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in condensed milk.
- Microwave your marshmallows for around 30 seconds on medium. You need to work fast once out of the microwave - pour the egg/condensed milk mixture into the marshmallows and beat for a couple of minutes so it doesn't harden and reform into large pieces. The marshmallows will be webbed throughout the mixture, poor onto biscuit base.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The tops should be very slightly golden. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Pierce the top with a spoon and scoop out the mixture to eat.
Please note: Smaller portions are easy done, simply use miniature patty cakes instead of medium. If you dislike Oreos you can substitute any biscuit such as Arrowroot or Shortbread.