For moments that will melt on the tongue, but last forever in your memory. These passionfruit delicacies are designed to delight!
These are PERFECT for a Baby Shower! Give it a try and surprise your guests with a dessert experience they’ll never forget!
Ingredients (serves 35 | makes 35 sandwiched petite biscuits)
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour or custard powder
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
- little extra plain flour for dusting hands
- 125g unsalted butter, softened (butter cream)
- ¾ cup pure icing sugar, sifted (butter cream)
- 3 tsp finely grated lemon rind (butter cream)
- pulp 1 passionfruit (butter cream)
- Line two oven trays with large sheets of baking paper. Pre heat the oven to 160°C. (140°C fan forced).
- Sift the flour and cornflour together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter, vanilla and ¼ of the icing sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until just blended. Add the remaining icing sugar and beat on high speed for about 3 minutes until lovely and fluffy. You’ll need to wipe the bowl down with a spatula once or twice during the mixing.
- Add in the flour mixture that was set aside and mix on the lowest speed until just blended together. If you prefer, you can fold the flour mixture in with a large metal spoon. Keep the mixture airy and soft. The secret to a delicious texture is all in the softness of the mixture!
- Refrigerate the mixture (you can keep it in the electric mixing bowl and lightly cover with a piece of plastic wrap) for about 15 minutes or until it firms enough to roll.
- Using floured fingertips, to prevent sticky fingers), roll small amounts (5g only! If you want perfect petite biscuits) into small balls and place on the lined baking trays. Don’t press down, leave in a little ball and remember to allow for some spreading.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the biscuits are just firm and lightly golden. Stand 5 minutes before carefully moving each biscuit to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cool sandwich together with a little puff of the delicious passionfruit butter cream.
- To make the butter cream: Beat the butter, icing sugar, lemon rind and passionfruit pulp in the bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl during the mixing.