- Serves 4
- Makes 16
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
These bacon and cheese pinwheels are great for a quick little snack or lunch for little people.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 16 )
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 2 cups pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and set aside until needed.
- Place the two sheets of puff pastry which have partially thawed, onto your kitchen bench and brush the top and bottom edges lightly with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle half of the bacon pieces over each sheet of pastry, leaving a border around all of the edges. Sprinkle pizza cheese over bacon.
- Carefully roll up the pastry, starting at the bottom with the edge brushed with egg, and roll to enclose the filling.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces, place each pinwheel on baking trays.
- Brush a little of the beaten eggs over each pinwheel and sprinkle the with the remaining pizza cheese.
- Place the bacon and cheese pinwheels into the oven to cook for 10 minutes or until they are puffed and golden.