Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache is a great way to jazz up a basic banana cake.
Thanks so much to MoM Member Mrs A for her delicious Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe!
Whether it’s for a special morning tea, a birthday cake for big people or even to serve with ice cream, Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache is always a winner. Plus the base banana cake recipe is so simple!
Keep an eye on bananas whenever you’re shopping – if they’re nice and cheap (even if they are looking a little worse for wear) snap them up, double batch this Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache and freeze one for later. The only thing we’d recommend is to freeze the base banana cake and then make the Chocolate Ganache freshly when you want to eat the cake.
If you love this Banana Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe, click the little LOVE IT button up top or tell us in the comments. MoM Members love to receive feedback on their MoM Cook Club creations!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 125g Butter
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 3 Ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1 & 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 170C and prepare a cake tin.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Remove from heat, add mashed banana and stir until just combined.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in the flour, then pour in the milk and fold in lightly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.