- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This delicious Basil chicken recipe is courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup (220g) risoni pasta
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 x 120g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, halved horizontally
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 300g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 bunches (200g) rocket, trimmed
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, finely shred 1⁄4 cup basil (see tip). Place chicken, rind, juice, shredded basil, garlic and half the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, beans and tomatoes, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add stock and risoni and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining basil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve risoni with chicken and rocket.
Risoni looks like rice but is actually a small, seed-shaped pasta that can be enjoyed hot or cold. It is available in packets in the pasta aisle of the supermarket. Always shred basil just before using otherwise the edges may bruise and turn black. 9 ProPoints per value serve.