This delicious Basil chicken recipe is courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup (220g) risoni pasta
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 x 120g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, halved horizontally
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 300g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 bunches (200g) rocket, trimmed
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, finely shred 1⁄4 cup basil (see tip). Place chicken, rind, juice, shredded basil, garlic and half the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, beans and tomatoes, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add stock and risoni and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining basil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve risoni with chicken and rocket.