- Serves 10
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This recipe was created by Rafferty’s Chef Zoe Bingley Pullin and is a hearty dish that will provide your little foodie with protein, those all important veggies, as well as spelt pasta.
Suitable for babies 8 months +.
For more great recipes, head over to the Rafferty’s Garden website.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 700g - 1kg beef or lamb mince
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- 2 cups carrot, grated
- 2 cups zucchini grated, moisture squeezed out
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 5 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup parmesan or salt reduced cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 packets of spelt or wholemeal pasta, cooked according to packet instructions
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot on high heat.
- Add mince and brown, take off the heat and set aside.
- Add onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Stir in garlic, tomato paste and diced tomatoes, cook until tomatoes soften.
- Add mince back into the pot and stir to combine.
- Add carrot and zucchini to the pot, place lid on and bring to the boil and simmer for 20 - 30minutes.
- Stir in spinach before taking off the heat.
- Divide cooked pasta between individual bowls and top with meat sauce, sprinkle with cheese.
You can always use lentils instead of beef or lamb to create a vegetarian option. Always store in an airtight container. Fridge – 1 week Freezer - up to 2 months.