- Serves 6
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
I can’t think of a better way to cook BBQ chicken!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.8k chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 crushed garlic
- half lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can of Dad's favourite beer
- MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- half cup mayonnaise
- quarter cup cream
- Preheat a BBQ to med high. Combine olive oil, paprika and two thirds of the garlic in a bowl and season with s+p.
- Open and pour out one-third of the beer from the can, then push the lemon wedges, bay leaf and remaining garlic inside the can.
- Place the beer can upright on the bench and then sit the chicken on top so that the can is inside the cavity. Baste chicken with the olive oil, paprika, garlic marinade and transfer to BBQ.
- Close the BBQ id and cook, basting occasionally for 90 mins. Remove chicken from BBQ (careful, can will be hot) and allow to cool slightly then remove the beer can. Cover the chicken with alfoil and rest for 15 min.
- Meanwhile for the dressing, combine mustard, lemon juice, honey, garlic, vinegar, mayonnaise and cream in a bowl. Season with s+p and set aside.
Serve chicken with salad greens and the Mustard Dressing.