- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
With a great big fat dollop of thickened cream this cake is the bomb!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 125g Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups self raising flour
- 1 Cup Blackberries (frozen is ok)
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup Butter milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup Icing sugar
- Grease a springform cake tin lined with baking paper with butter and dust with flour, then line the bottom with your blackberries and sprinkle the brown sugar over them.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar, until creamed pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and zest. Beat in flour, yogurt and buttermilk until incorporated. Pour batter over berries in pan, and smooth top.
- Bake in a moderate (180c) fan forced oven for approximately 50 minutes, when a knife comes out cleanly remove and rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from tin and invert onto a plate, dust with sieved icing sugar and serve warm!
This cake is not super sweet, but can be quite heavy