- Serves 8
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
With a great big fat dollop of thickened cream this cake is the bomb!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 125g Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups self raising flour
- 1 Cup Blackberries (frozen is ok)
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup Butter milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup Icing sugar
Notes... This cake is not super sweet, but can be quite heavy
- Grease a springform cake tin lined with baking paper with butter and dust with flour, then line the bottom with your blackberries and sprinkle the brown sugar over them.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar, until creamed pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and zest. Beat in flour, yogurt and buttermilk until incorporated. Pour batter over berries in pan, and smooth top.
- Bake in a moderate (180c) fan forced oven for approximately 50 minutes, when a knife comes out cleanly remove and rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from tin and invert onto a plate, dust with sieved icing sugar and serve warm!
Recipe Blackberry buttermilk cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.