- Makes 1
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
I can’t help but want to make this recipe right now. This is one of my favourites. So tasty and easy to bake.
Ingredients (makes 1 Loaf)
- 1/2 Cup Butter - room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Cups Blueberries - fresh or frozen
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbs Milk - more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the centre comes out mostly clean.
- Cool before glazing. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk if you'd like the glaze thinner. Drizzle over the bread before cutting.