- Serves 8
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Blueberry Slice is such a wonderful way to include loads of antioxidants in your diet! Especially when fresh blueberries are nice and cheap.
This Blueberry Slice is such an easy to make slice – so quick to throw together. If you’re expecting a friend to drop in, it’s perfect for afternoon tea. If the kids can’t eat a full muffin, a square of Blueberry Slice is an awesome school lunchbox snack. Or if you feel like treating everyone, serve this Blueberry Slice warm with cream and ice cream for dessert.
Use this recipe as a base and then get creative!
Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of your Blueberry Slice for some extra crunch. Or throw a handful of shredded coconut on top. And of course you could switch out the blueberries for raspberries or other fruit – just ensure whatever fruit you add isn’t too wet or juicy.
Add a couple of punnets of fresh blueberries to your shop today. This recipe freezes well too so you could double batch to take advantage when blueberries are cheap.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cups + 1Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt (Light or Full Cream)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted and slightly cooled
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees. Line a brownie tin with baking paper or lightly butter and dust with flour.
- In a small bowl toss blueberries with 1 Tbsp flour. This ensures the blueberries don't sink to the bottom of your slice.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix yoghurt, melted butter, eggs and vanilla together. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the blueberries and oats and gently combine.
- Place the mixture in the brownie pan and bake for approx 30 mins. The slice is ready when its golden in colour and a skewer comes out clean when placed in the centre.
If you're a fan of blueberries, here's a few other recipes you might like to try: