- Makes 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
The kids love making these fun bolognese bugs. They enjoy making different shapes with the puff pastry and bugs are a firm favourite!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1 onion
- 250 g beef mince
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 120 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Fry onion in a little oil in a frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Add mince and cook for 4 minutes, use a fork to break up the mince and avoid clumps.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste and cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut puff pastry into squares and press into muffin tins.
- Place a tablespoon of Bolognese mixture into each square and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 190 degrees for 10 minutes or until cooked.
Leftover Bolognese sauce and leftover vegetables can also be used in this recipe.