- Serves 1
- Makes 1
- 3 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This Brownie in a Mug recipe is a 3 minute wonder!
It’s sure to become a massive favourite from the moment you make your first one!
What do we love most about this Brownie in a Mug recipe?
What’s not to love? But seriously, we love most that our Brownie in a Mug recipe gives you a warm, gooey brownie treat in 3 minutes. The first 2 minutes is mixing the ingredients together and the last minute is in the microwave. While your Brownie in a Mug is cooking, your job is to grab the ice cream out of the freezer.
For so many of us, chocolate is one of life’s great pleasures. So it’s important to select a good quality chocolate. The good news about good quality cocoa powder is that it is readily available in supermarkets.
If you’re not a fan of dark chocolate, you could make your Brownie in a Mug into a Blondie in a Mug. Simply melt 1 tablespoon of white chocolate in your mug and then add all the other ingredients.
If you like this idea of a Brownie in a Mug, you might also like to check out these other mug recipes:
If you like a really gooey Brownie in a Mug – with a molten centre – just cook for 10 – 20 seconds less. Remember, it will continue to cook for a minute or two once you take it out of the microwave.
Other ideas for your Brownie in a Mug:
- Bury a Lindt Ball in the centre of your Brownie in a Mug
- Put a layer of Caramel Top n Fill at the bottom of the mug
- Add in a spoonful of frozen or fresh berries
- Stir in some chopped fresh dates and/or nuts
Do you think this recipe is the best Brownie in a Mug recipe you’ve seen? Would you recommend it to others?
We’d love you to LOVE this recipe > use the L❤VE button at the top of this recipe. Then post a comment to tell others what you thought below.
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 Brownie in a Mug)
- 1/3 cup Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsps Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- 2 tsps Boiling Water
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Combine the salt, olive oil, water, vanilla essence and caster sugar and stir for a few seconds until the butter melts. Add the flour and the cocoa powder and stir to combine. You can mix this directly in the mug you will use to cook and serve or use a small mixing bowl and then transfer to the mug.
- Microwave on high for 60 - 70seconds. Remember that the brownie in a mug will continue to cook for a few minutes once you take it out of the microwave so a little soft in the centre is OK. Cook for 60 seconds if you want a molten type centre or longer if you want it more cake like all the way through.
- Allow to cool for a moment (it will be super hot) and then add a scoop of ice cream to serve.
We used Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in this recipe and couldn't be more excited about the flavour this oil brings to the dish. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.