- Difficulty Easy
This is a great breakfast or a healthy snack option You can make a batch and keep the rest in an air tight container in the fridge. It actually gets tastier after a day or 2!
You will need a food processor with sharp blades, or a thermomix!
- 1 Handful of shredded coconut (I buy the Macro organic one, because it doesn’t have the preservative 220 in it)
- 1 handful of raw almonds
- 2-3 dates – pitted – try and keep the dried fruit down, as it is high in sugar
- 1 apple – cut into quarters – cut around the core, you don’t want to put that in…
- Coconut cream – about 1-2 tablespoons
- Chia seeds
- You could add other seeds to the mix as well
How to make it
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and mix well
- For a serving would have about 3/4 – 1 cup of the mixture – put it in a bowl
- Add some berries, coconut cream or I usually add a smaller amount it to my oats or quiona for breakfast for some flavour!
- Use a not too ripe pear (so a hard one), instead of apple
- You could use apricots, rather than dates
- Seeds – pumpkin and sunflower instead of almonds – or add some anyway!
- Could try dried figs instead of dates
- Try adding a bit of ginger for a zing!
- For more of a breakfast, try adding some oats as well.
This Recipe was inspired by friends with a Thermomix!