Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 15 ‘2 trays’ or 15-20 depending on ball size)
- 125g Soft butter
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Egg
- 1 and a half cups Self raising flower
- Half a cup Big choc chip melts
- Half a cup Small dark choc chips
- Use a mixing machine to make it easier - CREAM together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence and egg. Add flour and mix. Add Chocolate Chips (putting them in electric mixer has worked fine for me).
- PLACE balls (teaspoon size works for small/medium size) on greased baking trays. Don’t flatten as they self flatten. Bake in a moderately slow oven 160°C for 10- 12 minutes or until cooked. Cool on trays for a few mins until set enough and then cool on a wire. Or don’t and let them cool on the tray, they taste the same
- Store in an airtight container for a few days... if they aren’t eaten first!
I’ve adjusted it and made it many times. I add less sugar and more choc chips. My kids love helping or I can whip up a batch super quickly on my own.