- Makes 36
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This Nanaimo slice is named after the town in Canada where it originated.
Ingredients (makes 36 Pieces)
- 125g Butter
- 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1x 59g Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250g Plain sweet biscuits (Nice), finely crushed
- 1 Cup Dessiccated coconut
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped nuts
- 2 Tbsp Custard powder (for topping)
- 90g Butter, softened (for topping)
- 2 Cups Icing sugar mixture, sifted (for topping)
Notes... Lovely sweet treat for friends with a cuppa.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm pan and line with enough baking paper to cover base and sides of pan.
- Combine butter (125g), caster sugar and cocoa in a small pan, stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then stir in egg and vanilla.
- Place biscuit crumbs, coconut, and nuts in a bowl, stir in melted butter mixture and mix until ingredients are moistened. Press mixture firmly over base of prepared pan and refrigerate.
- TOPPING: Blend custard powder to a smooth paste with 2 Tbsp warm water. Beat butter (90g) in a bowl with electric mixer until creamy, then add icing sugar and custard paste. Beat on low speed until ingredients combine, then increase speed and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spread over biscuit base. Return slice to fridge until firm. Cut into small squares. Slice will keep for several days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe Canadian Nanaimo slice
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.