Boost your immune system this winter with this delicious Carrot Pumpkin and Ginger soup. Full of big fresh flavours and bursting with goodness, it will leave you and everyone else feeling happily and healthily satisfied!
Ingredients (makes 1 Large pot of soup)
- 800g Cut pumpkin
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cut the pumpkin and carrot into cubes. Place in a large baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, add seasoning, and bake in a 190 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until tender and starting to brown
- In the meantime dice the onion, crush the garlic and ginger. In a large saucepan over a medium heat place the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, paprika and ground cumin and stir, sautéing for a further minute.
- Add the vegetable stock to the saucepan and simmer for five minutes until all the ingredients flavours have combined and developed.
- Add the pumpkin and carrots to the saucepan of simmering stock. Blend the ingredients all together until the soup is smooth, using a stick blender or a food processor. Simmer for a few minutes and serve with fresh spring onions, cracked black pepper and a dollop of sour cream.
If you're a fan of this Carrot Pumpkin and Ginger Soup, you might like to try some of our other popular soups: