- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Don’t know what to do with Choko? Here’s your answer.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 1 Choko, peeled, core removed and cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- A handful of cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 TBSP light soy sauce
- Salt & pepper
Notes... My friend received some Chokos from the veggie swap-meet over the weekend, and I happened to have leftover rice, naturally the idea just popped up with this quick and easy dish to share.
- Dry fry cashew nuts in a large fry pan over medium heat until golden and aromatic. Remove nuts and leave in a bowl for later. Heat vegetable oil in the fry pan over high heat when you see the smoke start to rise.
- Add carrot and onion, saute till they become soft, add choko and continue to stir for 2 minutes, add frozen peas to combine, add salt & pepper to your taste.
- Mix in cooked rice, stir to combine with vegetables. Use 2 wooden spoons if you like, to break up rice easily and then add soy sauce and cashew nuts. Quickly stir them through but do not press them down so the fried rice is light and fluffy. Serve when ready.
Recipe Cashew nut fried rice with choko
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.