Cheese and Bacon Muffins are one recipe you really need to know by heart!
No matter who’s hungry or who’s dropped in to visit, whipping up a batch of these little beauties will be a huge hit!
This particular Cheese and Bacon Muffins Recipe cooks up beautifully – golden brown in the oven in no time. We love the addition of zucchini in this recipe – adds flavour, texture but also glimpses of green veg which makes us feel even healthier just looking at it
Quick, easy, tasty and healthy Cheese and Bacon Muffin – Great for lunch boxes and they freeze beautifully too.
Ingredients (makes 24 Muffins)
- 2 Bacon rashers, trimmed
- 2 cups Grated zucchini
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 - 2 tbsps Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- 2 tbs Sweet chilli
- To taste Salt, pepper, parsley and basil
- Pan fry the diced bacon in a little olive oil. Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius (170ç fan forced). Line or grease muffin pans (mix makes approx. 12 large and 24 mini muffins)
- Mix flours and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre add milk, 1 tbsp olive oil, egg and mix well.
- Drain excess juice from zucchini and add to mix along with bacon, cheese, sweet chilli and herbs.
- Spoon mixture into oiled pans. Bake for 25minuts or until golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack
Want to mix it up a little? Use the basic Cheese and Bacon Muffin mixture (step 2) and then you can add whatever you like!We used Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil in this recipe and couldn't be happier with the way the subtle olive flavour added to the result. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Light in Taste is pure olive oil that has a mild flavour that’s still full of character. It’s especially good when you want your olive oil to play a supporting role or when cooking with lighter flavours. You can use it anywhere you would use vegetable oil. It’s particularly good to use when baking, you get wonderfully moist cakes and it’s so easy to use. Bertolli olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Bertolli Light in Taste Olive Oil is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.