Cheese and Bacon Muffins are one recipe you really need to know by heart! No matter who’s hungry or who’s dropped in to visit, whipping up a batch of these little beauties will be a huge hit!
This particular Cheese and Bacon Muffins Recipe cooks up beautifully – golden brown in the oven in no time. We love the addition of zucchini in this recipe – adds flavour, texture but also glimpses of green veg which makes us feel even healthier just looking at it
We recommend a nitrate-free bacon if you can find it. Our pick for this recipe is PIALLIGO ESTATE SMOKEHOUSE BACON – SHORT DRY CURED AND SMOKED NITRITE FREE. Order now for FREE DELIVERY on your first 3 orders!
Quick, easy, tasty and healthy Cheese and Bacon Muffin – Great for lunch boxes and they freeze beautifully too.
Ingredients (makes 24 large muffins)
- 2 bacon rashers, trimmed
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1tsp oil
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 2 tbs sweet chilli
- to taste salt, pepper, parsley and basil
- Pre-cook diced bacon. Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius (170ç fan forced). Line or grease muffin pans (mix makes approx. 12 large and 24 mini muffins)
- Mix flours and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre add milk, oil, egg and mix well.
- Drain excess juice from zucchini and add to mix along with bacon, cheese, sweet chilli and herbs.
- Spoon mixture into pans. Bake for 25minuts or until golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack