- Makes 12
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
Great for lunchboxes or a quick snack, these scrolls will be gobbled up pretty quickly!
Ingredients (makes 12 Scrolls)
- 2 3/4 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant dried yeast
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 TBS Unsalted butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1cup Diced bacon pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Grated tasty cheese
- Tomato paste
- Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off after 10 minutes or just before placing rolls in oven.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted (about 30-45 seconds). Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and knead with hand or with stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- After the dough has rested for 5 minutes, roll it out in a 15x9 inch rectangle. Spread the base with tomato paste and sprinkle evenly with bacon pieces, grated cheese and Italian herbs.
- Roll up the dough tightly and cut into 12 even pieces. Place in a lightly greased pan, with room in between each one to allow room to rise, and lightly cover with alfoil.
- TURN OFF the oven and place the scrolls in the oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Keep the scrolls in the oven but remove the foil and turn the oven back on to 190 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool
Can be frozen for future use in an airtight container.