We’re celebrating International Burger Day with BBQ extraordinaire Irene Sharp from Come Grill With Me by whipping up delectable Cheese-Stuffed Burgers.
So fire up the barbie and get ready to take your burger game to a whole other level!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Minced (Ground) Beef
- 2 tsp Granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp Granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices American Cheese (or any easy melt cheese)
- 4 Brioche burger buns, split
- Tomato sauce
- Combine minced beef, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, cracked pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Mix well and divide the mixture in 8 equal portions. Then make 8 thin patties.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 4 equal pieces. Make 4 stacks and add them between 2 beef patties. Secure the sides of each patty by pinching the edges. Repeat until 4 cheese stuffed beef patties are made.
- Preheat a BBQ hotplate and grill grate. Set the BBQ to medium/high heat. Then cook the beef patties for 4 to 5 minutes a side. Use the Wiltshire BBQ spatula to flip the burgers halfway through the cook. Use the BBQ grill grate to heat the brioche burger buns for about 30 seconds, or until you see grill marks. Use the Wiltshire BBQ tongs to place the buns on and off the grill grate.
- Serve the burger immediately and build them in the following order - Bottom bun, lettuce, tomato, stuffed cheese burger patty, tomato sauce and add the top of the brioche bun.