- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
My grandma used to make this recipe for us when we were children and it’s always been on high rotation in our house.. It’s so easy, using cheap ingredients, and will become a family favourite.
You could substitute the beef mince for lamb or chicken, if you prefer.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbs oil
- i onion, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- Cook spinach and drain well, then finely chop.
- Heat oil and fry onion until soft. Add beef and cook until well browned, breaking up any lumps.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes or until the meat is cooked and mushrooms are softened. Allow to cool slightly and drain off any extra fat.
- Combine mince mixture with spinach, sour cream, herbs and half of the cheeses. Season to taste.
- Tip into a casserole dish, smooth the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 180 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve with potatoes, pasta, rice and salad.