- Makes 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
I love this recipe for chicken and leek pies it’s so tasty! I wanted to share it with you!
Ingredients (makes 6 small pies)
- 500 g diced chicken
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 200 ml cream
- dried tarragon
- turmeric powder
- olive oil
- 2 sheets puff pastry, defrost (cut each sheet in 4 little squares)
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- In a large pan cook the sliced leeks in olive oil till soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and cook until brown.
- Add the cooked leeks to the pan, together with the cream, some salt, some turmeric powder and some tarragon. Cook until the cream is nicely reduced.
- Spray a 6-tartlet baking set with olive oil and gently put 1/4 of one puff pastry sheet on the top of each well. Leave the sides hanging out.
- Pour the chicken and leek mix on the top of the 6 pastries.
- Use the other 4 little squares of puff pastry to close the pies.
- You will have 2 squares remaining. If you want you can use them to cover the top. I made hearts.
- Brush some olive oil on the top of the pies and bake for 25 minutes.
If you prefer you can use the 2 sheets of puff pastry to make a single big pie!