- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
An easy and really tasty, version of the Chinese short soup. The dumplings can be made ahead and kept covered in the fridge or frozen to use later.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 150 gms Inghams Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/2 slice Bread (crusts removed)
- 1 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbs Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbs Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 16 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 pkt Chicken Noodle Soup Mix ( Low Salt)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (julienned or purchased shred)
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn (canned, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup Bean Shoots
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms (small, sliced or chopped)
- Process the chicken, bread & kecap manis, until minced. Add the mushrooms & spring onion, stir to combine.
- Place one tsp of chicken mixture on each wonton wrapper, dampen edges with water, bring the sides together and twist the top to seal.
- Prepare the chicken noodle soup as directed on the package. Bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer. Add the vegetables and noodles, bring back to the boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls, add dumplings and sprinkle with finely sliced spring onion to serve.
This recipe is a great standby meal, the dumplings can be frozen and added to the soup to heat through, just simmer a little longer, so easy and quicker than take away !