An easy and really tasty, version of the Chinese short soup. The dumplings can be made ahead and kept covered in the fridge or frozen to use later.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 150 gms Inghams Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/2 slice Bread (crusts removed)
- 1 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbs Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbs Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Paste
- 16 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 pkt Chicken Noodle Soup Mix ( Low Salt)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (julienned or purchased shred)
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn (canned, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup Bean Shoots
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms (small, sliced or chopped)
- Process the chicken, bread & kecap manis, until minced. Add the mushrooms & spring onion, stir to combine.
- Place one tsp of chicken mixture on each wonton wrapper, dampen edges with water, bring the sides together and twist the top to seal.
- Prepare the chicken noodle soup as directed on the package. Bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer. Add the vegetables and noodles, bring back to the boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Divide the soup between 4 bowls, add dumplings and sprinkle with finely sliced spring onion to serve.
This recipe is a great standby meal, the dumplings can be frozen and added to the soup to heat through, just simmer a little longer, so easy and quicker than take away !