- Serves 5
- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 15 Ingredients
Whenever I'm making a roast chicken I always do 2 at a time so I have one spare for this recipe. It is a hit every time with my family – even my fussy hubby loves it!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 large Ingham's whole chicken
- 1 TBS Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 TBS Jalapenos, dices
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mixed red and green capsicum, diced into small pieces
- 8 Tortillas
- Grated tasty cheese
- Grated mozzarella
- 1 cup Salsa (Mild)
- Sour cream (optional to serve)
- Season the chicken well, and roast until cooked through. The time for this will depend on the size chicken you have, but as a guide, you will need to cook it for 20-25 minutes per 500g at 190 degrees.
- Once chicken is cooked, allow to cool and then pull meat off and shred the flesh. You will need 3 cups for this recipe.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the onions, peppers and salt. Fry for 10 minutes or so, stirring frequently, until nicely golden brown, translucent and sweet.
- Add spices and cook briefly before adding jalapeños and chicken. Stir well to heat through and break down a little. Remove from heat.
- Lay 4 of the tortillas flat on the bench, and add some cheese to each of them, then place another tortilla on top of each one.
- Pop this first quesadilla in the bottom of a lined cake tin - I use a springform pan so its super easy to remove when cooked . Spoon in a third of your chicken mix and top with a third of your salsa. Layer accordingly.
- Once you have completed this, cover with alfoil and bake in a moderate oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and Jalapenos