My friend once gave these to me to try. As much as I love chickpeas, I really didn’t think they would be yummy. I was wrong! She used peanut butter in hers which I found a bit strong, but it is beautiful with hazelnut butter. My toddlers love them, and it feels good giving them something that is healthy and not full of sugar. They don’t look the prettiest, but trust me, they are delicious.
Ingredients (makes 20 Cookies)
- 1 400g tin Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Nut butter (hazelnut butter, almond butter etc, peanut butter for a stronger taste)
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbs Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Using a dessert spoon, spoon portions on to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in 180 degree C oven for 15-20 mins until golden. The cookies will still have a soft texture.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.