- Serves 8
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This easy, sweet Chocolate Banoffee Pie, will have EVERYONE talking – the perfect dessert for a dinner party, or even just because!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 125 g Chopped butter
- 1/4 cup Castor sugar
- 1 Egg beaten
- 250g Cream cheese block
- 1 tin Caramel top n fill
- 100g Cadbury dark chocolate melts
- 3 Large ripe bananas
- Combine flour, salt, butter & sugar in food processor until it looks like crumbs. Add egg and pulse until combined. Then kneed into dough until smooth and cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll pastry out inbetween two prices of baking paper for a 26 cm tart tin with push out bottom. Press pastry into tin and poke pastry with many holes on the base. Bake in an oven at 200 degrees Celsius 415 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix cream cheese and caramel until silky smooth. Pour into cooled pasty base and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate and chop up bananas. Arrange bananas on pie and drizzle the chocolate over the banana.
This will be nice with a side of whipped cream . You can substitute the banana with honeycomb.