When I have leftover cake after a celebration I make these truffles. It’s easier than making the usual truffles!
Ingredients (makes 16 truffles)
- 150g chocolate cake sponge
- 30ml cream
- 100g dark chocolate, melted (for coating)
- Crumble the sponge by hand or use a food processor. Add cream a little at a time and mix well. (If your sponge is moist use less cream if the sponge is a little bit dry, add more cream. Just make sure it's not too wet.)
- Line a tray with baking paper. Roll sponge mixture into 2cm balls.
- Set in the fridge for around 1 hour or until firm. (Or set in a freezer about 15-20 mins if you are in a hurry!)
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate for coating.
- Stick a skewer or fork into truffles and dip into melted chocolate.
- Return to lined tray to set in fridge for about 30 mins.