- Makes 16
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
When I have leftover cake after a celebration I make these truffles. It’s easier than making the usual truffles!
Ingredients (makes 16 truffles)
- 150g chocolate cake sponge
- 30ml cream
- 100g dark chocolate, melted (for coating)
- Crumble the sponge by hand or use a food processor. Add cream a little at a time and mix well. (If your sponge is moist use less cream if the sponge is a little bit dry, add more cream. Just make sure it's not too wet.)
- Line a tray with baking paper. Roll sponge mixture into 2cm balls.
- Set in the fridge for around 1 hour or until firm. (Or set in a freezer about 15-20 mins if you are in a hurry!)
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate for coating.
- Stick a skewer or fork into truffles and dip into melted chocolate.
- Return to lined tray to set in fridge for about 30 mins.
If you use butter cake, crumble 100g sponge and combine with 50g melted chocolate. You can use milk/white chocolate, cocoa powder or desiccated coconut for coating as well. For an extra twist (optional) put an almond in the center or stir in couple drops of liquor like brandy or rum in sponge mixture.