- Makes 16
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
A great treat that never last long.
Ingredients (makes 16 squares)
- 150g chopped butter
- 300g good dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2C plain flour
- 1/4C sour cream
- 250g cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush a square 20cm cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allow it to overhang.
- Combine the butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Whisk 2 of the eggs in a small bowl. Add whisked eggs and 2/3 cup of the sugar to the chocolate mixture, and stir to combine. Add the flour and sour cream and stir until well combined.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream cheese and remaining sugar in a bowl until smooth. Add the remaining egg and beat until just combined.
- Spoon chocolate and cream cheese mixtures, alternately, over base of pan. Use a skewer to swirl to create a marble effect. Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 1 hour to cool. Cut into squares to serve
Have been making this for over 4 years and it always tastes better the next day if you can wait that long!