- Makes 16
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This chocolate coconut slice is so easy to make and tastes amazing. If you are looking for a delicious treat that the kids can help make, then this is the slice for you.
Chocolate coconut slice is a really versatile sweet treat to have on hand in the fridge – great for school lunches as there are no nuts and perfect with a cuppa if you have friends drop around. The ingredients in this chocolate coconut slice are nice and simple too – there’s a very good chance you’ll have everything you need already in your cupboard and fridge.
Once you’ve made this chocolate coconut slice a couple of times you’ll remember the recipe off by heart too – which makes it even easier to whip up at a moment’s notice … or when you’re juggling multiple kids who want to ‘cook with Mummy’!
Ingredients (makes 16 Slices)
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 125g Butter, melted
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 75g Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a slice tin.
- For the base, combine sifted flour, sugar and desiccated coconut. Add the melted butter and mix well. Press into slice tin. Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the chocolate coconut icing, sift the icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl and add the shredded coconut (or use desiccated coconut if that's all you have), melted butter and milk. Spread onto hot slice.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate coconut slice has set and then cut into squares.
If you're a fan of this Chocolate Coconut Slice ... or any sweet slices for that matter, you might like to try some of these recipes:
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.