- Serves 12
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This delicious Chocolate Mousse Pie recipe is one not to be missed!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 12 choc chip cookies
- 1 tablespoon (15g) margarine or butter melted
- ¾ teaspoon skim milk
- cooking spray
- 24 squares (100g) dark cooking chocolate
- 1 x 375ml can CHILLED evaporated light milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons gelatine
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 x Jarrah Choc O Lait® sachets
- Before starting make sure your evaporated milk is CHILLED. Place chilled canned milk into freezer for 1 hour before making filling.
- To make base: In a food processor crumble biscuits. Add melted margarine and milk, process until combined. Coat a pie plate with cooking spray then spread biscuit mixture over base, pressing firmly. Refrigerate.
- To make filling: In a small ceramic bowl melt chocolate in microwave on high temperature for one minute. Leave to sit in microwave while you prepare other ingredients. Make sure evaporated milk is very cold.
- In a large mixing bowl beat chilled milk and vanilla essence until really thick, using an electric beater. Add melted chocolate and blend well.
- Dissolve gelatine completely in boiling water then add Jarrah sachets, mix well. Pour mixture into milk, beat continuously until well combined. Pour mixture over biscuit base, refrigerate until set.
VARIATION: To make chocolate mousse, omit base and reduce gelatine down to 1½ tablespoonsRECIPE FROM: SYMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BOOK 4