- Makes 25
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
A fantastic recipe for Christmas. These are perfect as a gift as well.
Ingredients (makes 25 rum balls)
- 250g chocolate biscuits
- 45ml-60ml Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate flakes or sprinkles
- Crush the chocolate ripple biscuits to a powdery consistency, too many lumps won't make a smooth dough.
- Splash in 45-60ml of spiced rum, depending on how strong you like the flavour.
- Add your shredded coconut and condensed milk. Only enough condensed milk to make the dough soft, so it is ideal to add it in drops. Too much liquid will prevent the balls from holding their shape.
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon and roll into the size of a large marble with your hands.
- Use a flat plate to roll the balls in the chocolate flakes or sprinkles and then place them on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Leave them to set in the fridge. Ideally overnight.
Spiced or Dark rum will really make these rum balls taste great, as these types of rum have a vanilla twist to them.