- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
If it has vegetables in it, that makes it healthy….right?! Either way, these Chocolate Zucchini muffins are amazing.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Tightly-Packed Shredded Zucchini
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Whisk sugar, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until just combined. Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 12-cup muffin tin and smooth tops.
- Bake muffins at 220•C for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 190•C and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
*These muffins freeze well. *I don’t personally use vegetable oil but it can be used as an alternative to coconut oil. *Coconut sugar in an alternative for brown sugar. *If you are a salt fan you could add 1/2 Tsp instead of 1/4. *I use a very generous cup of chocolate chips.