- Makes 12
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
Christmas Desserts are always the first thing we get sorted when it comes to Christmas!
Whether it’s the endless drinks, parties, gatherings or Christmas Day, it’s always good to have Christmas Desserts you can whip up quickly that everyone will love.
Christmas Desserts like these Fruit Mince Cupcakes are able to be made well ahead of time and even frozen if you want to be really organised. We love that the consistency of these cupcakes is reminiscent of a lovely moist Christmas Pudding and the Buttercream Icing using Queen Natural Vanilla Extract is a light and decadent dollop on top!
Have as much fun as you like with these Christmas Desserts – let the kids go crazy with a variety of Cake Decorations from Queen or keep it tastefully simple with a swirl of Buttercream Icing and a little red Christmas berry!
Have a beautifully baked Christmas this year and a Happy New Year. We hope everyone in your home loves this Christmas Desserts Recipe as much as we do!
Much love from the MoM Team and the team at Queen.
Ingredients (makes 12 Small Cupcakes)
- For the FRUIT MINCE CUPCAKES:
- 1 tsp Queen Vanilla Bean Extract
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 250g Fruit Mince
- 1/4 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 300mL Buttermilk (or 300ml fresh full cream milk with a teaspoon of lemon juice added)
- 75ml Milk
- 4 tbsps Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Egg
- For the BUTTERCREAM:
- 300g Queen Buttercream Icing Mix
- 1 tsp Queen Natural Vanilla Extract
- 50g Softened Butter (Optional - can be used for a richer icing)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Place patty papers into a 12 cup cupcake tray.
- Sift the flour, sugar, bicarbonate soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Add the pecans or walnuts and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, milk, fruit mince, oil and egg.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the patty papers ensuring they are only filled to 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until cooked through (test with a bamboo skewer to see if it comes out clean). Set aside to cool completely.
- While the Fruit Mince Cupcakes are cooling, prepare your Queen Buttercream icing by beating together the Buttercream mix, the softened butter (optional) and the Queen Natural Vanilla Extract until light and fluffy.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe the Queen Buttercream Icing onto the top with a piping bag and zig zag nozzle. Decorate with two fresh red currants and a sprig of fresh rosemary or mint to resemble Christmas Holly.
This Christmas Desserts with Fruit Mince Cupcakes Recipe is just one recipe in the Queen Christmas Baking Series we've created this year. Why not try the others:
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.